1 December – World AIDS Day.
A day of support for women living with, and at risk of, HIV.
Did you know that:
- More than half the people living with HIV worldwide are women.
- Women become infected mainly through sexual contact with regular partners.
- A woman who is successfully treated is non-infectious for her sexual partners.
- With treatment, a woman with HIV can become pregnant naturally and give birth to a healthy baby.
- Women, however, report to a doctor and start treatment later than men.
- In Poland, only one in four pregnant women got tested for HIV.
- Only one in ten Poles got tested for HIV at least once in their lives.
What you can do:
- Start with yourself – go for a test.
- Encourage others to take an HIV test.
- Support people living with HIV through acceptance and understanding their disease.